LIEU ET DATE DE LA CONFÉRENCE
BRUCE BAWER PRENDRA LA PAROLE
Ottawa le 14 septembre 2009, 19 h 00 à la bibliothèque et Archives Canada
Montréal le 16 septembre 2009, 19 h 00 à l'hôtel Omni salle été
Québec le 17 septembre 2009, 19 h 00 à l'hôtel Loews
Frais d'admission 25$
L'auteur sera disponible à la fin de la conférence pour signer ses livres.
Pour plus d'information et/ou pour vous inscrire à cette conférence, veuillez nous contacter:
-Par courriel à l'adresse suivante : email@example.com
Par téléphone au 514-716-7342
Conference with Bruce Bawer:
Bawer is a renowned essayist and author bestselling books (Stealing Jesus, While Europe Slept and Surrender) Based in Norway, he is known internationally for his straightforward criticism of multiculturalism and his deeply informed warnings about the threat of Islamic radicalism to Western security, culture and identity. A gay activist who became disillusioned by what he saw as the increasing influence of America's religious right, Dr Bawer left his US homeland in 1998, only to be shocked by alarming trends he discovered on arriving in once-tolerant Europe. He witnessed the Old World's post-Enlightenment traditions of tolerance and openness under siege: Islamic fundamentalism was on the march, and time-honoured rights were failing along with the cultural confidence and self-respect of Europe's indigenous populations.
The conference will address:
Hear Bruce Bawer explain:
- Why multiculturalism contributes to the erosion of basic rights such as freedom of expression;
- How and why multiculturalism creates intercultural tensions;
- Why policies to accommodate encourage community confinement, Islamic radicalism and violence; and
- Why Muslim immigration is increasingly perceived as a time bomb.
From Bawer's Surrender:
Our civilization is built on two foundations. One of them is awareness of the individual human being's absolute value independent of race, religion, and social background. The other is the freedom to think and express one's thoughts. If freedom is to have any meaning at all, it must mean the freedom to say what others don't like to hear... We can't have a halfway freedom of expression that doesn't apply to Islam
The New York Times Book Review, on Surrender:
... Bawer is unquestionably correct, and that fact is quite simply terrifying.
Ms. Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Somali-born former Dutch parliamentarian and terror-target, on Surrender:
It should be studied by all who wish to understand the forces at work in the West that make an Islamic ‘House of Peace' a brewing nightmare.
Bruce Bawer will be speaking in:
- Ottawa,September 14, 2009, 7:00 pm, at the National Archives/Library of Canada, 395 Wellington Street; tickets: $15.00 ea., at Ottawa Folklore Centre, 1111 Bank Street & Compact Music, 190 Bank Street
- Montréal, September 16,2009, 7:00 pm, at Omni Hotel Salle Été; tickets: $25.00 ea.
- Québec City, September 17, 2009, 7:00 pm, at the Lowes Concorde; tickets: $25.00 ea.
Seating is limited.
Admission fees (Montreal and Quebec): $25
The author will be available for book signing at the end of the conference
For more information or reservations concerning the Montreal and Quebec City appearances please contact us:
- By email at: ConferenceBBawer@pointdebasculecanada.ca
- By phone at: 514-716-7342